dimanche, août 02, 2009

Peach Pie

Peach Pie
Taken from The New Best Recipe

2 pie crusts
6-7 medium sized peaches (about 7 cups sliced)
1 tbsp juice from 1 lemon
1 cup sugar (I put 1/2 cup)
pinch cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
pinch salt
3-5 tbsp potato starch (depending on how juicy the peaches are)

Place the bottom crust in the pie pan and refrigerate until ready to bake. Cut the second pie crust into strips and prepare the lattice on a flat surface. Freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate until ready.
Preheat the oven to about 250C - which is how high my mini-oven goes - or 500F
In a bowl combine the sliced peaches (pealed of course) with the other ingredients. Pour into chilled pie crust and lay the lattice work on top. Pinch to close off the edges of the pie. Reduce oven temperature a bit (to 450F) and bake for 25-30min until crust is golden brown. Rotate in the oven and reduce the temperature again to 375F or about 200C and bake until dark brown and the juices bubble through the lattice, about 25-30min. Take out and cool at least 2 hours on a wire rack.
Serve a la mode ;-) with vanilla ice cream.

2 commentaires:

Diekmans a dit…

Please!! make it possible for people to folow your blog!!It makes it easier for readers (like me). And notifies us when you have something new for us readers.
I love the recipies! And the fact your living in Normandy makes me grazy, We go there every jear!
Its only a 6 hour drive from where i live in Holland.
I'm gonna try the Mac and Cheese for at this moment i'm making a little study about the Mac and cheese. But before Blogging about it I wanted to taste it first. So i started Google, and was blow'n away of all the information. Even in newspapers they had stuf about M&C
When i'm done with my investication i will blog it on my Kitty exposure blog. Good day and i will follow your blog

MilkJam a dit…

Thanks! I'm glad you like my blog. I'm not really sure why you say you can't follow my blog. There are already people following it through Blogger as well as through Google Reader (RSS feed), could you let me know what your problem is?
Good luck on the mac & cheese!

ps: maybe you can translate parts of your blog in english so we can follow it too! ;-)