dimanche, septembre 20, 2009

blackberry cake

Blackberry Cake

Serves 8
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 1 hour

140g butter softened (I put 85g)
140g sugar (I put 85g)
140g ground almonds
140g self-raising flour (I used normal flour + baking soda)
1 egg
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I left this out cause I'm not sure the Frenchies would like it, they always say its too strong)
2 tsp vanilla extract
225g blackberries (I put in 300g cause I luuuuurve blackberries)

Heat oven to 180C. Grease & line the base of a 23cm springform tin. Put the butter, sugar, almonds, flour, egg, cinnamon and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat well. Spread half the mixture into the prepared tin.
Sprinkle the blackberries and dot over the remaining cake mixture so it covers the fruit.
Bake for about an hour until golden and springy. Leave to cool in the tin. To serve sprinkle some cinnamon and powdered sugar over the top. Serve with coffee and/or marscapone.

I think this recipie is from this book: La Dolce Vita. My colleague brought in this cake and I loved it so much I got her to photocopy the recipe for me.

Aucun commentaire: