mardi, novembre 21, 2006

stuffin'

Apple and Onion Stuffing
Place in boiling water for 5 minutes
-1 cup raisins
Drain well.
Add to them 7 cups bread crumbs (soft, not dry)
Melt 3/4 cup butter and saute for 3-5 minutes:
-1 cup chopped onion
-1 chopped garlic clove
-1 cup chopped celery
Cook until clear but not brown.
Add all this to the bread. Then add:
-3 cups diced tart apples
-1/4 cup chopped parsely
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp paprika
Stuff turkey loosely, or put into a dish, cover and bake at 350F.
This is the recipe my mom always used and yum yum! + its veggie so unless someone is opposed to something cooked in the turkey (you could always bake some extra in a dish) its great for everyone :-) Even those who don't like stuffing get converted!!!

3 commentaires:

islandgirl4ever2 a dit…

WOWWWW!! I am going to try this recipe! Thanks for this post.. Lots of great sounding recipes!! Is it true that I can find cranberries at Monoprix??? I would be sooooo happy if this is true... -- Leesa

MilkJam a dit…

At my monoprix you can! :-) Let me know how the recipes turn out ;-)

Brittany a dit…

Hey, I just tried making this! We're having a Thanksgiving tomorrow, Canadian instead of US this year. :) We'll stuff it in the turkey tomorrow, but I snagged a few bits of the bread today and it's got just the right flavor!
I'm so glad you posted this recipe, the stuffing with sausage and whatever just don't taste right.