vendredi, octobre 06, 2006

a new blog is born!

Following other bloggers I decided to share some of my favorite tried and true recipes with you as well as my experimentations with new ideas! As I'm an American living in France my recipes are now a real mix of metric and American mesurements. I'll post them as I have them written down, if you need conversions just ask!

To start off the blog I'll share my absolute favorite cookie recipe:

Chocolate-chocolate-craisin cookies

-Melt 8oz (1 1/4 cups) chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double broiler

While melting combine:
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-3/4 cup butter

Blend in:
-2 eggs
-1 tsp. vanilla

Combine and add the melted chocolate.
Then mix in:
-1 3/4 cups flour
-1/4 tsp. baking powder

Add:
10 oz chocolate chips
-1 1/4 cups dried cranberries (have found them at the Comptoir Irlandais, Monoprix and Carrefour in France)

Bake at 350F for 8 minutes. Better undercooked and fudgy in the middle ;-)

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Oooh, those look good. I will totally have to try that recipe.

Anonyme a dit…

Do you have any recipes for oatmeal raisin cookies? I tried to make it with a recipe I found online and it was a DISASTER! I've made them before and know it's very simple, but I've just forgotten all the measurements! Thanks.