vendredi, octobre 06, 2006

teriyaki sauce


My Mom's favorite teriyaki sauce

Korean Barbecue Sauce:

1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 garlic cloves minced
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and minced

Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil to dissolve sugar and blend the flavors. Then cool and pour over chicken pieces in a glass or ceramic container (I use zip lock baggies). Marinate at room temp for 2 hours or in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours/or overnight. Grill the chicken or bake in a pan in the oven. Depending on the size of the pieces (wings vs thighs vs breasts) I bake them for 30 minutes or so at 350 degrees. The chicken turns out so tender, just falls off the bones...

*not my picture, when I can I'll use pictures I take, otherwise its google image all the way...

Aucun commentaire: